The Right Track: Tunes to Target Cancer
|The Right Track: Tunes To Target Cancer|
|Studio album by various|
|Released||February 3rd, 2010|
The Right Track: Tunes To Target Cancer is a download-only charity compilation released in 2010.
The Right Track is, just as its subtitle indicates, a compilation benefitting the fight against rare forms of cancer, released by the organization TargetCancer. Interestingly, the audio files were available as both mp3s and flacs, for 99 cents and $1.99, respectively. Weezer makes an appearance with the previously unreleased song "The Rat Race".
From the album's download page:
The Right Track: Tunes to Target Cancer is a series of concerts, events, and music download opportunities to help raise funds for rare and underfunded cancers. Every month, local, independent, and national artists donate unreleased songs for download exclusively on The Right Track. Your donation will bring you some of the best new music available today – and support research at the forefront of cancer treatment, research to cure all cancers.
TargetCancer promotes the development of lifesaving treatment protocols for rare cancers. Through fundraising, outreach, and advocacy, TargetCancer supports those living with rare cancers and funds research initiatives at the forefront of cancer treatment – efforts that treat the individual as well as the disease.
- "The Rat Race" - Weezer
- "DC Won't Do You No Good" - Ween
- "Can't Keep It a Secret" - The Donnas
- "In My Time of Need" - Cowboy Junkies
- "International Velvet Theme" (Caledonia Mix) - Dean and Britta
- "Never The Bride" - Linda Thompson
- "This is Life, This is Love" - Mike Viola
- "Thrown" (Live from Somerville Theater) - Buffalo Tom
- "Coffee In the Morning" (Alternate Version) - Drug Rug
- "Yellow Light Purple" - The Gravel Pit
- "Through Your Eyes" - Happy Ending