|Birth name||Philippe Pellaud|
|Born||March 26, 1974 (age 49)
In mid-2003, Weezer webmaster and historian, Karl Koch, was contacted by Pellaud, who was interested in a mutual collaboration between the two's solo musical projects. Koch, under his musical moniker Karlophone, created a remix of the Kid Chocolat song "Dr.Strangelove Sings The Beatles", which he titled the "Num Num Mix". It was released the same year on the Kid Chocolat remixes album Hello Children, The Peter Sellers Rmx. Pellaud would simultaneously remix the Karlophone song "Desire", originally off the album Press Any Key to Begin. The remix was featured as a b-side on the song's 7"-vinyl single release in 2004, next to the track "If You Listen".
Later in 2004, following the success of the remix projects, Pellaud asked Koch to direct a video for the Kid Chocolat song "The Secret of the Zombies". Koch filmed a video with a friend, Eric B., in Bakersfield, California. The video was featured on the CD-ROM portion of the Kid Chocolat album Zombiparti! in 2005.
In 2006, Koch was asked by Pellaud to contribute a track to the compilation album Amazon Grace, to be released by Y-Y-Y Records (which Pellaud had co-founded). The album featured 30-second songs from various artists, meant to subvert the limited song preview window of many online music retailers. Koch submitted the newly-created Karlophone track "How Many Minutes". The following year, in 2007, Kid Chocolat released the compilation album KCRMX. It featured the original remix of "Desire" featured on the 7"-vinyl, as well as a new, previously-unreleased remix of the song (labeled "Version 2").
- 2003 — Hello Children, The Peter Sellers Rmx (includes the Karlophone song "Dr. Strangelove Sings the Beatles Pt. 1 (Num Num Mix)")
- 2005 — "Desire" 7"-vinyl single (features a remix of "Desire", done by Kid Chocolat)
- 2005 — Zombiparti! (music video for "The Secret of the Zombies", included on the album's CD release, was directed by Koch)
- 2006 — Amazon Grace (Koch invited by Pellaud to submit a track for the compilation; includes the Karlophone song "How Many Minutes")
- 2007 — KCRMX (features two remixes of "Desire", done by Kid Chocolat)
- Pellaud, Philippe. Biography. Kidchocolat.ch. Retrieved from http://kidchocolat.ch/Biography.html.
- Koch, Karl. Bio. Karlophone.com. Archived from the original on Weezerpedia at Karlophone.com - Bio.
- Koch, Karl. (May 9, 2006). News. Karlophone.com. Archived from the original on Weezerpedia at Karlophone.com - News.